There’s Basic Lash 101 – Come to a lash appointment on time without eye makeup and ready for a hour-long beauty nap. Duh.
But what about the not-so-obvious stuff – insights that come with years of experience?
Well, get ready to be schooled.
Here are the top 10 tips from our Lash L’Amour lash experts that are sure to help you get the most out of your appointment:
- It’s not a one-lash-fits-all service. Read: A full set is customized to each person, taking into considering eye shape, natural lash fullness, and lash strength. These factors will dictate the fullness, length, and shape of your extensions.
- Your natural lashes (along with your extensions) will shed due to the natural cycle of hair growth. Translation: a refill every two to three weeks is highly recommended. The longer you wait between refills, the more time we’ll need to fill your lashes back to your desire fullness.
- Trust is important. We’re trained, licensed, and certified lash masters who take pride in our craft, so relax and let us guide you with recommendations on length, lash safety, and styling. We want to be your lash gurus.
- The road to beautiful lashes is a two-way street. We do our job by properly adhering each extension/volume fan perfectly to each of your natural lashes. You’ll need to take care of those babies at home. Your lifestyle and lash care affect the longevity of your extensions, so be sure to: avoid hot steam and oily products, don’t sleep face down or pull on your extensions, and skip mascara and liquid eyeliner.
- Clean those lush lashes daily! After the first 12 hours of getting your lashes done, it’s perfectly okay to wash them with water and a lash foam cleanser to avoid irritation and buildup.
- We would jump for joy if before your lash nap at Lash L’Amour, you would skip the caffeine, hit the restroom, and silence your phone for some “me time.”
- Don’t be shy! Your lashes speak volumes, so you should too! Speak up if you feel any discomfort. You should not feel any burning, scratching, or itchy sensations during the process. If that neck pillow is bugging you, ask us to remove it. Lying down for a long time isn’t for everyone, so if you need to adjust things, please let us know. We want you to have the best experience when getting your lashes done.
- We love a good chat. But keep talking to a minimum during your service. Concentration is the cornerstone of a great lash experience, as it takes intense focus to adhere a few hundred tiny extensions onto your natural lashes. We only have an hour or so to make you feel and look like a million bucks.
- Change it up once in a while. Try a new lash look to keep it fun and fresh.
- Communicate with us. Ask questions, give feedback, and challenge us. We love hearing from you.